- 1 bunch vine-ripened tomatoes on the vine
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp canola or other neutral oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 package mozzarella pearls or sliced mozzarella
- Balsamic glaze to taste
- 1/4 cup pistachio paste, recipe below
- Pistachio paste:
- 1 cup pistachios, roasted and shelled
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 gram orange blossom water
- For pesto:
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup pistachio paste
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Place all ingredients for pistachio paste in bowl of food processor fitted with blade attachment and pulse until everything is combined and somewhat paste-like.
Place pistachio paste, parmesan, lemon juice and basil in blender or food processor fitted with blade attachment, turn on medium speed until ingredients are combined. With machine running slowly, drizzle in olive oil until desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
Lightly coat tomatoes with stems attached with oil, salt, pepper and garlic and place on small, rimmed baking sheet. Place under broiler for approximately 2 minutes or until tomatoes are slightly charred and starting to pop. Let rest. On plate, spread pesto in one straight line down center of the plate. Using a metal spatula, carefully transfer the tomatoes on top of the pesto. Garnish with mozzarella cheese and balsamic glaze as desired.