- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 large yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 head garlic, peeled and minced
- 6 large AppHarvest beefsteak concassed tomatoes, peeled, cored and seeded
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, plus extra for garnish
- 2 oz challah bread, diced and toasted
Heat a sauté pan at medium heat with 1 tbsp butter. Add onions and garlic and cook until soft. Add tomatoes. Turn heat to simmer and slowly stew tomatoes for 45 minutes.
Add seasoning, herbs, and challah. Stir until incorporated and cook an additional 5 minutes. Garnish with more fresh herbs and serve.