- 3 lbs tomatoes on the vine
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted, pickled, seeded and cored
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- 2 oz sherry vinegar
- 3 oz red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5-10 basil leaves
- 5 oz Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chives, finely chopped
- 1 cup or 8 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half for garnish
- Dash of salt
- Dash of ground pepper
In a large blender, add tomatoes, cucumbers, garlic, basil leaves, sherry and red wine vinegar, and bell pepper and mix on high for 2 minutes. Stop the blender and pass through a sieve into a bowl.
Season soup to perfection and serve in bowls. In center of gazpacho, garnish with Greek yogurt, cherry tomatoes, chives and finish with extra virgin olive oil.